}

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Seasons Greetings: Part Deux


Twas the day after Christmas
had Hank and Reese over
Hank was as subtle as a Cat big-wheel dozer.
"Gimme a beer and one for the road"
I need to take Reese out
and teach him my code.
With a belch coming deep from within
Hank bellowed it out
and it curdled my skin.
"Now Snap it out! Snap it out
Snap it I say and if you don't 
there will be no fish today.
Reese looked around shyly,
embarrassed I'd say.
I saw his lips moving
but he just looked away.
Than what should my tearing eyes see,
but Reese Ferguson himself down on one knee.
Then he stood up so tall
 and stood nose to belly
and gave Hank a look that turned him to jelly.
"Now listen here Hank and listen real well
I won't be repeating, so you go to hell.
I won't snap it or lob it or whip up a froth
I won't drink till I'm stupid or go down those falls.
Now get in the truck and move over I say
I'm guiding this rig
 so we'll be here New Years Day!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!


14 comments:

  1. Creative, Merry Christmas. I hope you have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kevin...I'm already bored with the Christmas toys. What can you do with a large lump of coal? My best to you also my friend.

      Delete
    2. Use the coal to splash the water the next time some one steals your fishin' hole.

      Delete
    3. Sorry I didn't read this sooner...I burned it in the stove!

      Delete
  2. Your just full of hidden talent, my Brother! I think it is about time someone listens to Reese too. Happy Hook Ups in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at you Mel! I hope we can have some hook ups together in 2013...maybe Hank will take us all out.

      Delete
  3. Every comedian needs a straight man. I think the roles just switched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Mark...so true. I'll be your straight man. We'll bill ourselves as Windknots and Powerbait!

      Delete
  4. And another wonderful quality of the 'cofisher"
    Thanks Howard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Alan, much appreciated. If you can't have fun doing what you love, might as well find a new love. I even got a nice note from Reese over on Facebook! May have lost Hank though!

      Delete
  5. Brilliant! Well done, Howard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Steve. I'm at a lose for words at a time like this. I hope you, your family and friends find peace and solace in the coming year.

      Delete
  6. You're a poet and I didn't even know it! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of course Ms Damsel. To be a poet you have to have passion. I'm the most passionate person I've ever known. ;-)

      Delete

Let's Talk...