}

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Czech nymph

I recently has the pleasure of connecting on Facebook with a pretty awesome fly fisherman named Katka Svagrová. 

Katka lives in the Czech Republic and loves to float tube the lakes around Prague catching pike and zander. (zander or pike-perch are a relative of the walleye. What do I know?) when she's not studying for an engineering degree.

Katka and I chatted for a bit and as you might imagine, that despite the language barrier, we both spoke fishing! Katka is as enthusiastic about fishing as anyone I've ever met.

I'm going to just shut up now and just let you enjoy some photos from the Czech Republic.











   Katka, I hope you have a great 2013 fishing in the Czech Republic! Anyone want to take a road trip?





2 comments:

  1. Holy cow look at those fish. Huge walleye (not sure if they call em that there) and all others. Seems like just another good reason to got the the Czech Republic. Maybe in 2030 I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marc, you're a true gentleman. No smart remarks about Katka's good looks or anything. I'm proud of you. Those fish are amazing aren't they? They call walleye, zander. I'm thinking you could feed a family a nice dinner with one of those.

      Delete

Let's Talk...