}

Friday, July 25, 2014

A tip of the hat...

I need to take the time to put out some thanks to several blog buddies as brother Mel would say. It's always a good day when we receive deliveries from the mailman   This is my way of saying thank you to some great people and great organizations.


 If you haven't stopped in at Hammer Creek Fly Fishing web site, you don't know what you're missing. Flies, tying videos and a really good guy named Kyle. I had two packages from Kyle. One held some experimental dubbing that I'm going to tie with and test on Colorado Waters. The picture isn't that great but it's a very buggy yellowish-brownish color that looks like a winner to me. The other package held a Koozie with the Hammer Creek logo on it. Thanks Kyle!



For those of you who read blogs, Hexfishing is the baby of Joel DeJong of A Year on the Fly.  I mention Joel for several reasons. One, he designed the logo for Hammer Creek Fly Fishing. The second is he designed the logo for Windknots & Tangled Lines. Oh yeah, he fishes as well. If you're looking for some great fishing artwork, a T-shirt or a new logo for your blog or website, I highly recommend Hexfishing and Joel. 


What can I say about The Fiberglass Manifesto and Cameron. When I got home from work yesterday, there was a package from Cam.  He always knows how to cheer me up or when I'm out of stickers. (It's not totally true that I put them on cars parked at certain fishing spots!) Cam sent a Fiberglass Manifesto cup, koozie and stickers. For the latest in fly fishing product news (not just fiberglass rods) check out TFM. Cameron mentored me when I first started blogging and I owe him a huge debt of gratitude.  Cheers Cam!

Lastly, I owe a great debt to those of you who follow along with Windknots & Tangled Lines. Writing a blog can be tedious at times, but everyone's overwhelming positive comments and thoughtfulness have kept me precariously balanced on the edge of sanity. Thank you!





 photo http---signaturesmylivesignaturecom-54492-164-B54A33A36D8A28358BD9D26E03475367_zps31fc3bd2.png

10 comments:

  1. I might add that Joel designed the logo for Northern California Trout as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. It's another great logo. Joel is a really terrific artist.

      Delete
  2. Howard
    It's always a plus when fellow bloggers are willing to share products with you. I know you will put all those items to go use. I am just now catching up on lost time on the blog circuit, I have been visiting my brother for a week in Miss. will have a report soon on our activities. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, you are always missed. Glad you're back and catching up! As far as sharing products, I've developed a new attitude about them. Of course I enjoying getting great products to review or gifts from fellow bloggers, but it's really fun to share. So watch for some giveaways here as well. As usual Bill, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Been a busy weekend for me. Spent some time on the water Friday, but, nothing to really post about.............
    The rest of the weekend was reserved for my wife's birthday and what she wanted to do....
    Thanks for the link, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always welcome Mel. It's nice to give a shout out to good companies or bloggers.Happy birthday to your wife.

      Delete
  4. Great stuff! I really like that TFM koozie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have a little giveaway/contest soon. That will be one of the prizes.

      Delete
  5. Sanity? Is it sane to chase fish. Makes me crazy sometimes. Blogging is the next best thing to it. Sharing is what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not sane at all. Any more than chasing a little white ball down and then hitting it again.

      Delete

Let's Talk...