}

Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Thingamabobber

After sitting around scratching my ass head for a week, trying to figure out what to write about, I decided to take a page from The River Damsel.

If Emily can have her Sunday Tippets and Troutrageous! can have his Nibbles, I was going to have Friday Thingamabobbers. It was either that or the Friday Fish Fry. (And I'm not even Catholic!)

Without belaboring the point because everyone knows most of what's been going on in my life for the past 6 or so months, sometimes we get overwhelmed by circumstances in our lives. I know I have. It's important that we tackle whatever issues face us, but probably more important to remember to take time for ourselves. It's called good mental health.

Without a timeout once in a while, it becomes more and more difficult to face and solve those pressing life issues.  I've been saved more than once by this blog. When nothing fishy is going on, I've always been able to fall back on the blog and you folks. In between, my hobbies take my mind away from my worries. Perhaps if I'd get out and go fishing, which cures most ailments, the clarity that I always seek on the water would drop an answer on my head. See what I mean? No doubt, even a small temporary escape from problems is good medicine for fly fishers.

So remember, the next time you're up to your ass in alligators, instead of worrying about draining the swamp, ask yourself, "Where's my cast iron underwear?"







http://atkinsontshirt.com/2013/02/12/when-you-are-up-to-your-ass-in-alligators/

12 comments:

  1. Much better than Friday Flatulence.
    I'm looking forward to future installments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I had gas.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to do this too. It will be my Wednesday Whiner post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, I like that. I think everyone should have something similar.

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more, Howard. Mental escapes are necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jusin. My wife, who is a therapist has a word for this. It's called mental illness. But what does she know?

      Delete
  4. Two small Bass today sure helped with my latest hiccup in life. Sure hope that the back side of life has some smooth highway ahead, I am fed up with all these bumpy roads. Looking forward to reading more Thingamabobbers............................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These Golden Years sure don't seem so golden to me Mel. I guess there are no easy answers...just keep pushing forward. Let's go fishing.

      Delete
    2. The answer is DON'T think of these as golden years.I know you have been through some hell for quite awhile but get out and away from the keyboard.I am not in the best shape but when i get back from a 3-5 mile round trip to a lake or stream i am tired but feel great.You don't have to listen to me,nobody else does but just do it
      Sagetrout out to the high country

      Delete
    3. Sage, I listen to you and believe me it registers. I'll be getting away from the keyboard as soon as I'm not needed for nursing duties while my wife is away at work.

      Delete
  5. I was going to do something like Sunday Tippets or Nibbles or.... I forgot what it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about Monday PowerBites?

      Delete

Let's Talk...