Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Let's talk about breaking fly rods shall we?

When I had my health scare a while back, one of the problems I developed and never found out why was almost passing out. Whenever I lowered my head, like when I getting ready to lie down, everything would suddenly get gray, I got sick to my stomach like I was going to vomit and my heart would race. Scared the crap out of me more times than I care to remember. But...I've never broken a fly rod.

Be patient, I'm getting to my point. Today after I got home from work, I pulled out an old unused and unloved fly rod to look it over and see if it was worth putting some time and money into. Suddenly I felt a stabbing pain just behind my right ear and I dropped like a sack of potatoes. I don't remember if I actually blacked out, but the familiar feeling of wanting to throw up washed over me. 

I laid on the floor for maybe 2 or 3 minutes stunned before I started to regain my senses. Then I remembered...turn off the damn ceiling fan before you go waving fly rods around, idiot. If you're curious, the rod is not worth fixing.